We're building a playground!
United Way of Southern Cameron County has partnered with RGV FOCUS, The City of Brownsville, KABOOM and Strive Together to bring a playground to Monte Bella Park. This playground will be designed and built by the community for our community in efforts to increase play and fight play space inequity.
Many thanks to the 300+ survey replies and design day attendees for you awesome feedback! Below you will find our final design.
Your collective ideas highlighted the importance of a playspace that is:
- inclusive and welcoming to all users, with a focus on accessibility
- reflective of the community
- safe and multigenerational
- full of ways to climb and slide
- a combination of traditional and familiar playground equipment with new and modern equipment
- vibrant in colors
Build week will be in September. Stay tuned for opportunities to volunteer and bring this amazing process to life.
To visit Monte Bella Park: 2485 W Alton Gloor Blvd, Brownsville, TX 78520
To visit the project website click here.