Diversity & Inclusion Policy
The United Way of Southern Cameron County celebrates the differences and similarities of its diverse corps of volunteers, agencies, programs and employees. It is committed to the development, utilization and support of diversity in its organizational mission, targeted recruitment strategy and as an operating principle. Diversity, as defined by United Way of Southern Cameron County, refers to a broad range of perspectives, backgrounds and experience. United Way of Southern Cameron County celebrates diversity reflected in:
• Economic status
• Ethnic origin
• Physical and learning ability
• Lifestyle including sexual orientation, marital status or family status
• Employment including job level, training and experience
• Geographical background
• Cultural values, beliefs and practices
United Way benefits from the creative energies of all people in the community. They bring different approaches, solutions and innovations to the health and human service needs of our communities furthering our mission to improve lives.
• Diversity is inherent in the United Way of Southern Cameron County mission to bring together people, organizations and resources from our broad and diverse community.
• United Way of Southern Cameron County is committed to a targeted strategy for recruiting, retaining and developing a diverse board of directors, pool of volunteers and employees.
• Employees have adopted diversity as an organizational principle and workplace value.
Recommended by Policy Development Committee and Adopted by the Board of Directors