Becoming a Loaned Executive is the perfect opportunity to learn project management, public speaking, and other skills while also giving back to the community.
The Loaned Executive (LE) Program provides an opportunity for companies to offer employees a unique learning experience with numerous benefits. LEs advocate as ambassadors for United Way within our local community throughout the year, primarily during our peak campaign season. They work with the United Way relations managers and engagement staff to help create fundraising goals, design campaign strategies, execute engagement events and support corporate philanthropy in the valley’s top companies.
A Loaned Executive is an individual who is appointed by their company/ organization to assist in the implementation of the annual campaign from August through January (approximately 25 weeks), with primary responsibilities concentrated in managing effective workplace campaigns within businesses and organizations (pitch), researching new opportunities for relationship building (prospect) and sharing United Way messaging/brand (promote) throughout the United Way of Southern Cameron County service area. Reports To: UWSCC Campaign Chair & Fundraising Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acquire an understanding of the work and the value of United Way of Southern Cameron County and its partner agencies.
- Contact and work primarily with employee campaign managers to assist in planning and conducting effective campaigns among their executive and employee groups. This includes, but is not limited to, providing accounts with campaign materials and presenting to employee groups.
- Actively participate in Leadership events, workshops, and other Loaned Executive programming as specified.
- Maintain records for assigned accounts including results and campaign activities.
- Provide an evaluation with recommendations for each assigned account, outlining future growth opportunities.
- Attend regular one-on-one meetings with United Way staff & Campaign Chair for the purpose of reporting campaign progress.
- Attend all related campaign meetings/functions.
Accountability: In order to be successful in this position, the Loaned Executive must consistently demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new skills and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to adjust and work in a variety of work environments/cultures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including giving effective group presentations.
- Ability to manage many projects at one time, prioritizing and planning for high efficiency.
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage issues and crises calmly and effectively.
- Represent United Way and your company in a professional manner.
Interaction (Internal and external):
- United Way of Southern Cameron County Staff
- UWSCC Campaign Chair
- Company Leadership including CEO’s
- Campaign Coordinators (CC)
- Agency Representatives
- Individual United Way donors
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Passion for the United Way mission!
- Ability to take initiative and develop donor engagement plans, focus on customer service and drive to achieve goals through teamwork. Attention to detail, follow-through and problem solving.