Please call (956) 548-6880 for more information.
What is VITA?
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help to people who earn less than $57,000 and need assistance in preparing their federal income tax returns. Certified volunteers prepare and electronically file basic tax returns free of charge for qualified individuals in our community.
Volunteers follow IRS quality assurance guidelines and inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may be eligible such as Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit. VITA site are located at community organizations throughout Cameron and Willacy County.
UNITED WAY OF SOUTHERN CAMERON COUNTY AND VITA PARTNERS HELPED WORKING FAMILIES
CLAIM $4.7 MILLION OF EARNED INCOME TAX CREDITS IN 2020.
- Brownsville Independent School District
- Community Development Corporation of Brownsville
- Ethel L. Whipple Memorial Library
- Laguna Madre Youth Center
- Point Isabel Independent School District
- Port Isabel Public Library
- Texas Southmost College
- Texas 2-1-1
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- United Way of Northern Cameron County
- United Way of Southern Cameron County
United Way of Southern Cameron County and its coalition partners are committed to helping hard-working families achieve financial stability. Funding for VITA is provided by: