TITLE: Education Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Community Impact
Background: The Education Coordinator will convene, lead and support a community collaboration consisting of business, education, labor, government, faith based organizations and health and human service sectors to improve services and systems that promote a continuum from school readiness and academic success in the early grades to postsecondary success leading to employment with labor market value. The Coordinator will implement strategies that produce positive measurable results within the educational systems.
• Coordinate and facilitate community planning and strategy development based on data evidence.
• Develop and manage resources to support work and create a sustainable base for long term strategy implementation.
• Collect, compile and analyze data to benchmark progress and define direction.
• Provide administrative services to include communication with stakeholders, correspondence with all partners, as well as event promotion and public information.
• Manage and report on grants and project resources.
• Master’s degree in Child Development, Public Health, Public Policy, Social Work, Education or related field, or bachelor’s degree and demonstrated equivalent experience.
• Leadership experience in community organizing, planning and/or service delivery.
• Project management skills and experience facilitating collaborative projects.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Public speaking skills and experience.
• Demonstrated management and organizational skills.
SKILLS: Ability to manage relationships and collaborative partnerships with community leaders, volunteers, partner organizations and public to achieve project goals. Must have the ability to write and manage grants, develop and manage budget and report program outcomes. Oral and written communication skills are essential.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to establish and maintain working relationship with staff, board of directors, volunteers and community partners. Must be computer literate and be able to plan and facilitate meetings
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Prolonged use of the computer is required. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is fast paced and often consists of meeting outside of regular business hours and outside of the office.
If you're interested, please email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.